Translate

Saturday 14 May 2011

Measure twice, cut once

A familiar tradesman's adage and one I should have taken more heed of this week. We decided to get some new curtains for the front room.  The old ones had gotten a few small tears in the netting and needed to be washed which means they might have just fallen apart in the machine.


Here they are... gorgeous aren't they?



Did you spot the mistake?

Talk about a Decorating Fail!!! What was I thinking?

I guess it is fair to argue that there are two mistakes really, the sheer is too short (about 30 cm too short) and probably should have been cream (except I don't like cream sheers because they seem dirty). On a positive note our freshly mulched, newly reticulated garden bed looks nice and the windows are clean... way to find the silver lining huh?!

Next question what on earth am I going to do with 5 metres of 1.83m drop sheer white curtain? Perhaps someone in our family has shorter windows.

Hope this post gave you a chuckle today!

1 comment:

  1. turn them into cafe curtains? cover up with wonderful flowers, except unless you are like me, no green thumb, just sore thumb!

    Your post made me smile, measure twice cut once is something my father used to always say. Sure miss him still.

    Thanks for the smile!!!

    ReplyDelete