Translate

Sunday 24 July 2011

What's stitching this week

Over the last month or so I have found myself more than slightly enamoured with C6 marking. There are two ways to mark this division, either by marking a S6 and adding additional lines at points determined by calculating a formula or by starting a S4 without and adding additional diagonal lines from the equator. Both methods are explained in the toolbox section of  TemariKai.

I like the second method (it avoids most of the maths). Once outlined in green a C6 gives you 4 nicely sized triangle faces to experiment with. I have played with the arrangement of the colours on each one and I've shown each face in the last picture. Which colour sequence do you thin is best? I think I prefer dark petals on the outer edge.

I have also really enjoyed seeing some net stitched (Amime-giku) designs on recent web searches and so the idea sprang into my mind to combine both ideas. So far I've made 3 with each getting better as I go.

Round 1:



Round 2:

Round 3:


I think that the 3rd one is my favourite, the green base on the second one was just too out there colour-wise. I think I am going to take a leaf out of Rod's blog (Jtex)  and invest in one of those colour wheel thingys, his colour choices are always right on target. I also found this cool colour wheel gadget on the web, I've bookmarked it for future reference.

I really like this netting look and I plan to play around with this style a little more.

2 comments:

  1. I like the first because the gradations in the purple are very subtle. Generally I have trouble with green-dominant temari (though I received an excellent all-green temari as part of a GITS) but you've been very logical in the second. I think I generally prefer lightest colour at the poles but perhaps I'm influenced too much by what others do.
    Just when I think I should be developing greater complexity with colour, along comes your amazing ColourSchemeDesigner (!). My idea of complexity probably corresponds to the two very logical types of tetrads, wich CSG includes. I hope tetrads becomes as "obvious" to me as complementaries over time.
    Thanks for introducing me to the term 'amime-giku'. I've only ever done or two netting ones and never knew the Japanese term. I've never seen them used with a C6 as you've done here. Beautifully conceived!
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Rod, I like light to dark, just seems to be a proper progression. (Yeah, and I'm really proper!!)

    It could be what we're used to seeing others do. Just for the halibut I googled to see pictures of flowers, and it would appear that most have dark color close in and lighter towards the outside.

    I guess it's all a matter of taste, as for me, my taste is all in my mouth, lol!

    My fav's the top of #3!!

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete