Translate

Thursday 21 July 2011

Revisiting an older design

Remember the C10 starry design series of temari I made earlier in the year? I guess I hadn't finished tinkering with it yet because a few new ideas have evolved lately. I have stitched the first idea... it wasn't too successful, nice enough but leaves me with a 'Meh' kind of feeling.


This was done using a rainbow variegated thread. I'm not sure if the reason it doesn't grab me is the paleness of the colours or the thinness of the thread. I hadn't used this thread before (it is called Mercer #40 and I guess it is for crochet???) but I liked the colours well enough in the store to give it a go. I think perhaps it might work better on one of those spirograph flower designs. The link will take you to Glenna's webshots album


I thought I had published this post already (on July 18th), but seeing as I hadn't, I've added idea 2 now that it is finished. I quite like how it turned out, and I can't say I remember seeing anything exactly like this before. Perhaps it is original?? or at least I came across the idea from within myself after wondering what if about other temari I had made. I don't think we can call it a Renzoku design though now that the colour changes within each shape.



From Urban Dictionary: Meh is an interjection used to imply indifference towards a subject; "a verbal shrug". This particular interjection has somehow become quite popular among teens, the reason for this popularity is a mystery. Other popular interjections are "bleh", "dah", and "mih". Usu. pronounced shortly, without eye contact or body movement.
"You wanna go to the mall?"
"Meh, I have nothing to do for the rest of the day..." etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment