Friday, 29 July 2011

Temari making in Indonesia makes the news.

The Indonesia Temari Association is currently holding an exhibition at the Japan Foundation in Jakarta. In August they will also be holding temari making classes. More details can be found at the Jakarta Globe.

Last year the Japan Foundation held an exhibition in October at Jakarta. There is an article here about it. Check out the amazing Ikebana styled temari display picture. Wow that is an achievement in engineering!

Temari making is slowly but surely stitching its' way across the entire world.


  1. Hello
    I love your temari balls. Do you use a polystyrene ball as a base or do you start from scratch?
    Many thanks

  2. Hi Anne,

    I use rice hull 99% of the time. For the other 1% I will use dryer lint, fabric/thread scraps or old socks.

    The temari in Indonesia are not made by me, I came across the article and thought I'd share it. I wonder if those temari are made with poly?

    Thanks for visiting