Translate

Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day

What a busy day we've had. Breakfast in bed with Mr W (luckily he sat on his Dad's side of the bed so the toast crumbs aren't on my side of the bed), followed by gifts. Then off to his Soccer match where we distributed 50 cupcakes to all the Mum's standing on the sidelines. I made them yesterday and 'employed' four of the siblings from a child in our (and another) team... I 'paid' them in cupcakes if they promised to say Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums as they went.

Then back home to get the dessert ready for lunch at my Mum's house. Cupcakes of course were one option but the main dessert was baked vanilla cheesecake with cream and mandarin segments. We were so late, arriving at 1:45pm, after getting held up by rubber-neckers* looking at an accident, a breakdown, road works, and every traffic light being red (there are almost 20 sets) all the way there. When we got there we were starving and so was everyone else. I made photo soaps for Mum and Miho. They got 4 each, all with a different picture, soap colour and scent. I forgot to take a photo, but trust me they were super cute. Mum gave us both a flat tin bucket to put our gardening seed into. Miho gave me a loofah that she grew in her garden (and I always thought they were from the ocean) and Miss D hand painted the wrapping paper.

At 5 we were cleaning up and heading home by 5:30 (this time we got green lights about half the time) and we had snappy toasted sandwiches for dinner.

What a lovely day! Hope you were able to be with the people you love today. Only 365 days until next Mother's Day.

I've misplaced the temari I made, but tomorrow I will find and photograph it... I promise!

* A rubber-necker Person who cranes, stains or otherwise awkwardly turns their head and stares while passing the scene of something interesting (usually morbid in nature).
This is usually seen and performed while driving past the scene of an accident, or any other incident where there are police, firemen or ambulances with lots of flashing lights, this action results in slowing down the flow of traffic and occasionally causes another accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment