Translate

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Girls weekend away for International Womens Day

Last weekend we packed up to head to Busselton which is a seaside getaway just a few hours south of Perth. I left the city a bit later than I had hoped which meant driving in the country at dusk and in darkness so I was a bit rather worried about hitting a roo* in my little nissan pulsar.

We stayed at a gorgeous resort called Aqua. All I can say is that it was LUX!

Two of my best girlfriends, my goddaughter, her nan and my mum all spent the weekend together leaving all our men at home and it was wonderful. We spent some of Saturday being pampered at a day spa. We all had something different, but I chose a to get my lashes and eyebrows tinted then have a back, shoulder and neck massage followed by a facial and foot massage. It was wonderful!

We ate plenty of yummy food, there are a lot of great food producers in the south west so there was lots of amazing cheeses, fresh foods and even delights from a french bakery eaten over the weekend. We even has several bottles of champagne and more of sparkling local wine too.

We wandered around the Sunday market, went for an early morning stroll along the ocean and even dipped of toes in the amazing infinity pool at the resort. We had lots of laughs and although we only spent 2 days away, we thoroughly relaxed and it seemed like we had been away for much longer. None of us wanted to leave so we even organised late checkout until 4pm!

We got back to Perth (and reality) at 6:30 on Sunday afternoon and drove past 3 roos road kills ranging from tiny to gigantic so despite my hubby saying there are no Kangaroos on the Forrest Highway apparently he is wrong! Glad we didn't meet them ourselves.

I included a few pics of the resort. I was amazing and I do hope to go back sometime... Might even take the boys next time. Lol

*A Roo is a Kangaroo










No comments:

Post a Comment