Translate

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Sorry to be AWOL

I have been absent from writing on this blog for a few weeks. Sad to admit but even the last few post were scheduled in advance. Real life has been a bit busy lately and I have been a little bit too swamped (haven't managed to get organised to post much). Also our blogoversary is coming up in 12 days and I will soon publish the 400th post here so I have been at a bit of a loss as to what to write about.. nothing seems quite special enough. So I decided to just bite the bullet and write... something... to get me back in the right frame of mind again.

The last few weeks have been full of highs and lows. We feel like we've been riding an emotional roller-coaster!
  • Mr W started back at school as a 5th grader on February 1st. For the first time he has male teachers (which he thinks is AWESOME) and is really happy about going to school again.
  • We lost our 94 year old Nana on February 8th, 'Old' Nana had a stroke the week before Christmas and had been in hospital since then.
  • A huge fire stated burning in the National Parks 350km south of Perth which blanketed our beautiful clean city in thick smoke. Cough, cough, cough! The smoke keeps blowing out to sea and then coming back to land.
  • One of my best friends came to stay with us for a weekend. We laughed, caught up and marvelled at how fast the years slipped by since we met when I was 8 or 9.
  • Our broody hen hatched out 5 little chicks. They are so cute!
  • I got a really lovely bunch of red roses for Valentines day, I made a really cute red crochet heart for my hubby.
  • We buried Nana on the 16th. She had a lovely service, the Priest remarked how extraordinary it was to see so many people at the funeral of a lady of her age. Rise If Possible Nana.
  • My Aunty Nona (who make the most delicious food in the world including my wedding cake many years ago) told me the sweet dishes I made for Nana's wake were the nicest she had ever tasted and asked if I could pass along the recipes. What a compliment that the best cook I know personally should ask that.
  • After procrastinating for weeks, I finished all my temari diagramming and pattern writing for the next workshop (to be held this Saturday).
  • We cleaned out Mr W's bedroom and got to throw out all the little broken bits of useless junk he had been hoarding. (Now I just need to do the same in my craft room and office.)
  • We got a record 30 eggs in a week from our 5 hens!
  • I got asked to make my mini lemon meringue tarts for actual money for a birthday party of my Mum's friend.
  • Our neighbour, who suffered serious burns in a really horrible drag racing accident on Boxing Day, will finally come home from hospital this week. His house has seemed very sad without him and we've missed his presence in the street (and his little dog too).
  • We are being 'treated' to listening to Mr W's clarinet practice sessions. Last week was just hooting to move the reed and this week is the note of G or was it B... you know I can't remember what it is called but I could probably recognise it if I heard it again - and I will tomorrow!
  • I got about 8 inches cut off my hair, the hairdresser nearly broke her ankle slipping on all my hair as it fell to the floor. My Mum gave me the thick hair DNA although I didn't get her curls. I considered asking to keep my hair trimmings to use in a temari base... but luckily I quickly came to my senses because that is too gross.
I am experimenting with different items for wrapping the mari again. I'll post about that tomorrow. For now I'll leave you with a quick video of our chicks shot earlier this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment